Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Apologizing For Damaging Something You Borrowed From Them
This band 8 IELTS letter sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis for US $3.5.
You have borrowed something from your friend for a party and unfortunately it was damaged. What and when did you borrow? What happened to it? What do you suggest to do about it?
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
I am writing to apologize for damaging the blazer which I borrowed from you. I attended the success party of our recently launched software application wearing your blazer. During the event a few drops of the drink were spilt on the coat.
Let me explain the incident in more detail. As I was having a drink at the party, I was hit by a child who was playing around. Due to which the wine glass which I was holding slipped from my hands and a few drops of the drink were spilt on the upper part of the jacket. As the coat is white in color, the marks are clearly visible and it looks awkward.
I am taking the coat to the drycleaner. If the stains do not go away, I will replace the coat with a new one. I request you not to worry about the jacket.
Hoping to hear from you soon
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter About An Item Forgotten In The Office
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter to The Manager Requesting Leave of Absence