Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You have seen an advertisement for a second-hand car. Write a letter to the shop owner.
– say why you need the car
– ask some information about the car
– suggest arrangements to see the car
Dear Mr. Smith,
My name is Ricky Tran, and I am writing this letter regarding a used car which you want to sell. My brother is joining university this summer, and I am looking to gift him a car.
Your car was listed at a reasonable price and the model was manufactured in 2013 which was not too long ago, so I really want to buy it. Also I read in the advertisement that your car is in good condition with its battery and engine working perfectly. However, I still need some additional information. Do I have to replace any tires? And does the air conditioner still work?
I do not have to work on Friday morning, so could we meet on that day at your place? Please feel free to contact me back at this address or on my phone number 3348594852.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Someone About A Coat They Left At Your Office
- Band 7 letter sample | A complaint letter
- IELTS letter writing: how to write an informal letter?
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Manager About A Training Course You Want To Attend
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend