Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
An English speaking friend wants to spend a two-week holiday in your region and has written asking for information and advice. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Offer advice for accommodation
- Suggest some activities of his/her interest
- Give information about what clothes to bring
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am glad to hear that you are visiting my home town Patiala next week. I know this is the first time you are visiting this place but you do not have to worry about anything at all. I will be glad to put you up for the entire duration of your trip. Now in case that is not fine with you, you can stay in one of the luxury hotels in the city. There are many of them and they all offer facilities such as air-conditioned room, well-equipped bathroom, swimming pool and many more.
Patiala is a big city with lots of tourist attractions. The world’s number one doll museum is here. There are some fabulous dance clubs too. I know you are the kind of person who just loves to dance to the beats of rock music. There is also a wonderful market where you will find all kinds of modern and traditional lifestyle products.
You don’t have to bring warm clothes, as the weather is sunny at this time of the year. Instead pack cotton clothes in light shades. In addition, you must have long sleeve kurtas to get protection from the sunlight.
Do inform me the exact date and time of your arrival so that I can receive you at the airport. See you soon.
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample | Advise A Friend Who Is Going To Take Driving Lessons
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Has Changed Schools
- Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary