This band 8 IELTS letter sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed correction.
Write a letter to your friend requesting his help in organizing an event.
- why you are organizing the event
- what the event is
- what help you need
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
I hope you are doing well. I am fine and busy as usual. I am writing to invite you and your family to a party I am throwing this weekend at my farmhouse.
Last month my wife delivered twins. I want to share this happy moment with people who are close to me. For this party food is being served by a catering service. I want to include some home cooked food as well. Could you share your buttermilk recipe with me? As you know it is summer and the temperatures are pretty high so I thought I would serve a homemade cool drink as well.
It would be great if you could send me your butter milk recipe. You served it the last time I visited your place and I absolutely loved its flavour. Please provide other tips as well to make this party a great success.
Hoping to hear from you very soon
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Apologizing For Damaging Something You Borrowed From Them
- Band 9 essay sample: A thank-you letter
- Speaking Sample: Talk About A Musical Event You Enjoyed Attending
- IELTS Sample Letter 7
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter to a Friend about Your New Job
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend