Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Ask for some time off to complete a qualification
- Suggest what you will do later at work if you have time off
- Say how the qualification helps your job or company
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I have been working as an audit assistant with your firm for two years. I am also preparing for my chartered accountancy exam. Actually I am writing my CA final exam in the first week of January.
Because my exams are approaching, I wanted to have a two weeks’ leave of absence for preparation. I know this is a really busy time and you cannot permit any staff to go on leave at the moment. But I need this time-off to crack my exams. I will certainly rejoin work the day after my last exam. I will also try to work on weekends to complete the work piled up in my absence. The firm will also benefit if I pass my CA exam as we will have one more qualified person for dealing with bank audit assignments.
I hope you will empathize with my situation and grant me leave of absence for two weeks.
Thank you for your consideration.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter to The Manager Requesting Leave of Absence
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS letter sample | Leave application letter
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- Band 8 Letter |A Letter To Your Employer Requesting A Transfer
- IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager