This band 8 IELTS letter sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You and your family are planning to spend a weekend at a seaside hotel.
Task: Write a letter to the hotel making the arrangements. Let them know when you will be arriving and leaving, what type of rooms you would like, and ask them how much the weekend will cost. Also enquire about activities and places of interest near the hotel.
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am writing this letter to enquire about the arrangements for my stay with my family at your hotel. I have recently been through your website and I must admit that while checking out the photos I was really impressed with the sea view from the rooms.
I am planning a weekend getaway with my wife and our 3 year old daughter from 25th Dec to 26th Dec. I am really looking forward to a room a sea facing room. Please give me information about the facilities / activities that will keep us occupied during our stay. Your website states that you have a spa, meditation room and cake mixing sessions for adults, and a baby gym and pool for children.
I would also like to know how much a weekend stay would cost with all the activities included. Also though we are coming for a short period, we would like to go around. So kindly suggest some interesting tourist places around.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
- IELTS letter sample about belongings left in a hotel room
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | A Letter To A Hotel Manager
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | A Formal Letter
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- IELTS Sample Letter 7
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8.5 letter sample | Letter to a foreign host