Here is a band 8 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You live in a small university town. Last week, you drove to a big city about two hours away to buy a new laptop at a good price. You worked on the laptop all week and finished writing a long assignment that is due shortly. However, this week, the laptop doesn’t even switch on. Write to the store. In your letter:
- tell the store where you live & what happened
- explain the problem with the laptop
- state what action you would like the store to take
Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to report an issue with the laptop which I bought from your store. I live on Pearson Street at North Hills. I purchased a laptop from your shop one week ago and it was working perfectly till yesterday night. This morning, when I tried to switch on the laptop, I found that it was not working as expected. When I press the power button, I can hear a beep sound and the lights also get on. However, I can’t see anything on the monitor/screen. I tried many times and it didn’t help. Therefore, I request you to send a technician to resolve this problem / to sort this out.
It will be great, if you repair my laptop as early / quickly as possible because I need to submit an assignment, which is saved on the laptop hard disk. Thank you for your time and consideration.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- Band 8 Letter Sample | An Equipment You Use For Work Has Developed A Problem
- Band 7 Letter Sample | A Letter Asking for Support
- Band 8 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To The Manager
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | You Are Experiencing Problem With A Piece Of Equipment
- IELTS speaking part 2: Describe a product you recently bought
- Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter