Band 8 IELTS Letter About Asking For A Loan
As an international student in Sweden, you have an account with a local bank. The monthly bank transfer you receive from your parents has been delayed this month due to an error at your parents’ bank.
- introduce yourself and ask for a loan
- say why you need the money
- tell how you intend to pay back the money
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is XYZ, and I am majoring in business administration from Sweden University as an international student. I am writing to ask for a loan from your bank.
I normally receive a certain amount of money every month from my parents for my monthly expense. However, this month my parents made a mistake while filling out the information on the application form for transferring money and additionally when they paid a visit to the bank, it was close to it closure time. It was too late for them to try it again. Even if they succeeded at it, it was Friday and it would take some time for the local bank and your side to process the transaction. However, I have to pay the rent and all the utilities now. That is why I am asking you to get my request for the loan approved.
I expect transfer from my parents to arrive within a week and then I can pay the loan back to your bank. For your information, you can check my account history to see how regularly I used to receive money from my family.
I hope you will consider my situation favorably and approve my request for the loan promptly.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- As An International Student In Sweden, You Have An Account With A Local Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Just Received A Credit Card Statement From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Local College Is Having An International Day | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask You For Help In Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Received A Letter From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To Your Manager About A Training Course You Want To Attend
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter | Letter To Your Manager Expressing Your Interest In Doing A Training Course
- Write A Letter To The Manager To Apologise For Being Late For Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample