Today, more and more students are deciding to move to a different country for higher studies. Do you think that benefit of this outweighs the problem?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The number of students going abroad for higher education has increased tremendously in the contemporary world. In my opinion, leaving one’s own country for higher education eventually brings more problems than advantages.
Admittedly, there are some basic benefits to studying in a foreign country. Firstly, the student gets a chance to find employment in overseas markets after the completion of their course. Since salaries are higher in these countries, their financial situation will definitely improve when they work abroad. Secondly, overseas programs provide them with an opportunity to study with students of other nations. This in turn, not only develops their communication skills but also encourages them to think in a different manner, as they socialize with students of an entirely different society.
Nevertheless, despite the advantages mentioned above, I believe that there are some serious disadvantages to studying abroad. One of the major problems is that students who study abroad do not contribute to their own country economy. To illustrate, migration of skilled people to other countries has slowed down the development of countries like India. Students who should) have been entrepreneurs in their own country, are seen running successful businesses and paying taxes in other countries. Another potential problem of studying abroad is that students have to pay higher fee for their studies. They often have to work part time to fund their studies and this takes their focus away from their studies. Another issue is that living away from families in a highly competitive environment leads to a stressful life. This could be one of the main reasons that provoke students to commit serious crimes.
To conclude, people may have different opinions but I believe that the major drawbacks of going abroad for higher studies far outweigh the minor advantages. This trend affects the economic growth of their own country and also makes life stressful for them.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Are Going Abroad For Higher Studies
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of pursuing higher education abroad
- Band 9 essay sample: Should governments fund higher education?
- Band 8 essay sample | Part time jobs make students stressed out
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Want To Study At International Universities
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- IELTS essay about studies and leisure
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?