This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your IELTS essays for a free band score estimate or get a detailed correction for US $3.5.
The government should allocate more funding to teach science rather than other subjects in order for a country to develop and progress. To what extent do you agree?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Science plays an important role in the growth and progress of a nation. However, other subjects are also important for the economic development of a country. Therefore, I believe that the government should allot equal funds for the teaching of all subjects.
Science subjects are definitely helpful. They help to solve many problems affecting us and our environment. Government funding will lead to improvement in medical research and the invention of many cures. Health, after all, is wealth. In order for a nation to progress, its people have to be healthy. Research in medical science facilitates this. In addition, scientific research in agriculture can increase the fertility of the land and result in economic growth. Science subjects like technology and engineering also play a crucial role in making our lives happy and comfortable. Obviously, the government funding of science subjects helps the country to develop and progress.
However, this does not mean that only science subjects are important. Other subjects like arts, crafts, literature and humanities also play an important role in the overall progress of a nation. These subjects make people aware of their history and culture. They improve our aesthetic skills and enhance the overall quality of our life. Art subjects provide plenty of job opportunities too. After all, no nation can progress only on the wings of science.
To conclude, government funding should not be limited to science subjects. For the overall development of the country, the government should support the teaching of other subjects as well.
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the goals of a government
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science
- IELTS Band 9 Essay Sample About Girls Choosing Arts And Boys Choosing Science
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Government should increase tax in air travel
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects
- Band 7.5 essay sample | More young people now occupy positions in the government
- Band 6 essay sample | Schools spend too much time teaching subjects like history