Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor Is Widening
This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your IELTS essay samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis for just $3.5 / Rs. 180
The gap between the rich and the poor is growing. What problems does this create? What can be done to tackle them?
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Unequal distribution of wealth is one of the common problems faced by developing nations. This creates a significant gap between the wealthy and the poor and leads to many socio-economic problems. Economic disparity not only affects the lives of the people but also hinders the overall economic development of a nation. The government should always strive towards minimizing this gap. If we look at the problems caused by this phenomenon, we will find a number of issues.
One of the main problems caused by unequal distribution of wealth is that education has become inaccessible to the poor. Nowadays quality education has become very expensive. There are A-list schools and colleges which are very costly and not within the reach of poor people. Due to this, these people are not able to compete for high paying jobs and it becomes a fundamental disadvantage for them. Another important issue is the increase in crime rates. As marginalized groups most often do not make enough money to meet their basic needs, they resort to heinous acts like burglary, theft etc.
Although these issues are critical, it is possible to find solutions. In fact there are various instances where solutions have been provided by the government itself. Firstly, the government should develop schemes and provide scholarships which will help people from the poor section afford quality education. This will give them a fair chance to compete with rich people. Reserving seats for marginalized group or quota system can also be one of the solutions. In addition, authorities should encourage and endeavor entrepreneurship among underprivileged sects. The government of India, for example, has introduced many schemes to empower the poor. While poverty is still an issue in the country, the life standards of the poor are increasing slowly.
To sum up, the gap between the rich and the poor is widening and has created many problems like an increase in crime rates. However, if the government exercises enough political willpower it is possible to solve these problems.
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- IELTS essay sample | The rich are getting richer
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Rich Nations Should Change Their Attitude Towards Poor Nations To Eradicate Poverty
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Should wealthy nations share their wealth among poor nations
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations
- Band 7 essay sample | Rich nations should help poor nations
- Band 9 essay sample: Should government provide free housing to the poor?
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the goals of a government
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities