This band 8 IELTS essay was submitted by one of our students.
In some countries , the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness is decreasing. What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?
Please note that all band score predictions are accurate.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The rise in the average weight of the people around the world is a matter of serious concern. The level of physical fitness and health, on the other hand, is gradually declining. Gaining weight is mostly due to lack of exercise.
Regular workouts and a healthy diet are the two key factors for maintaining good health and preventing weight gain. In the modern world, most people have developed a laid back attitude. Sedentary life leads to weight gain and causes serious medical problems over time. Another factor which results in obesity is stress. For example, people working in multinational companies are often compelled to work overtime, which results in a lot of mental stress. Working overtime also results in lack of time for exercise, which in turn makes people overweight or obese.
Regular exercise helps in staying young and fit. A minimum of one hour exercise such as cardio or weightlifting four times a week is recommended for staying healthy. Yoga and meditation also help in staying fit and healthy. A nutritious diet is also necessary to maintain good health. Most people in Western countries have a liking for fast food. It not only makes one fat, but also produces bad cholesterol which results in serious heart disorders. Instead of fast food, people should have fruits and vegetables which offer high protein and fibre.
In conclusion, ‘health is wealth’. Regular exercise and a clean diet help us to prevent obesity and health problems. Those who do not find time for regular workouts will invariably end up in hospitals sooner or later.
IELTS writing correction service
Struggling to get a good score in the IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by us. You can find more information about our writing correction service here.
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Everyone Should Adopt Vegetarianism
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 5 essay samples: People are getting fat. What are the causes of this?
- Band 8 Sample | Causes of Obesity
- Band 9 essay sample: Why do people walk less now?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Consumption of Fast Foods