Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans. Some people argue that financial aid is important but others suggest that practical aid and advice are more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays many world wide organizations are providing financial assistance to developing countries. However, a group of people advocate that financial support is required but some technical help would be more useful. This essay will discuss both the view points before arriving at a conclusion.
There are several reasons why monetary help is beneficial for developing nations. Firstly, many emergent countries are struggling with the problems related to basic infrastructure like roads, railways and public transportation. Therefore, they need financial support from external bodies to complete unfinished projects and also to launch new ones. Secondly, a number of developing and undeveloped countries are not able to provide basic facilities to their citizens. For example, millions of people living in poor countries still do not have access to food, water or sanitation.
In order to provide these basic requirements, the government needs funds from international companies. For instance, according to a report submitted by WHO, 88 percent of developing nations are taking advantage of financial support provided by the World Bank. As a result, billions of people from across the world are able to get access to basic facilities.
However, financial aid alone will not help. Developing nations also need technical support and practical advice. It has been observed that the money sanctioned by world agencies for development is not always utilized for the right purpose. Instead, it is used by corrupt politicians to serve their interests. Therefore, many developing nations are facing issues like corruption, scams etc. It would be quite helpful if they can also get some practical support and advice to boost their economy.
In conclusion, international organizations should help developing countries to grow by providing financial support. However, in my opinion, it is equally important to provide some practice advice as it will help them overcome their problems.
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- IELTS essay topic | Countries should not spend too much money on training athletes for international events
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Governments Should No Spend Money On International Aid When They Have Their Own Disadvantaged People
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Wealthy Nations Should Accept Refugees
- IELTS essay sample | Free education will help fight poverty in developing nations
- IELTS speaking practice | Talk about your future plans
- IELTS essay sample | Economic growth is the measure of a nation’s development
- IELTS essay about financial assistance to poor nations