Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Today more and more tourists are visiting places where the conditions are difficult, such as the Sahara desert or The Antarctic. What are the benefits and disadvantages for tourists who visit such places?
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Tourists these days are showing an interest in visiting places with harsh conditions. For some people traveling to such places will be a unique experience because it is not something you get to experience in your day-to-day life. However, there are some downsides to this kind of trips because they might compromise people’s health and fitness. This essay will discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of visiting dangerous or off-beat locations.
Visiting a place that could pose a threat to your life may be exciting for some travelers and this feeling could actually enhance your appreciation for life and health. People are amazed by the sort of scenery and landscape that they might find in isolated places untouched by humans. This allows them to find a connection with their inner self. Witnessing the wonders of the nature also allows people to find a new purpose in life and look at the world in a different light.
Also, for some people traveling to uninhabited and peaceful places could improve their health in several ways. For example, in 2016, the University Of Cambridge reported that people who lived for a month in the Brazilian Jungle improved their sight by sixty percent in comparison to those who lived their regular life in the city.
On the other hand, traveling to locations with difficult conditions might create a problem to those tourists who are mentally weak or addicted to technology. The feeling of isolation could make them feel homesick and they may get depressed and cut the trip short before visiting the best parts. To illustrate, a survey done by The Institute of Tourism in Africa showed that almost twenty-five percent of tourists crossing the Sahara desert did not finish the tour because they were feeling isolated and the conditions were too extreme for them. As a result they had to be evacuated by an emergency helicopter.
To conclude, exploring places that have an uncommon condition could be a positive trip for some people looking for a spiritual experience or a health improvement. However, for those who are afraid of losing their comfort zone and the connection with the 21st century, this kind of excursion might be a disappointing idea due to the facilities that these places lack.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More People Are Visiting Places Where Conditions Are Difficult
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | People Are Traveling To Dangerous Places
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More And More People Visit Dangerous Places
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Only Tourists Visit Museums And Monuments
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Band 9 essay sample: All governments should ban smoking in public places
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- Band 9 essay sample | People are not feeling safe at home or in public places