Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Today, more and more students are deciding to move to a different country for higher studies. Do you think that the benefits outweigh the problems?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays there is a sudden increase in the number of students wanting to study at international universities.While there are some drawbacks to this trend, I firmly believe that the benefits outweigh the demerits.
On the one hand, there are some limitations to sending students to overseas universities. Firstly, many of them have never left their home before this event in their entire life. It would be very normally difficult for such students to cope up well with the entirely new environment. Most of the time, they feel homesick and due to this, they struggle in their studies. On the bright side every university runs counselling units particularly for overseas students so that they adjust themselves very well. Secondly, foreign students are more vulnerable when they are away from their family and close friends. This can create problems for them and they may easily indulge in illegal activities such as drug abuse.
On the other hand, studying abroad helps students to broaden their mental outlook towards the world as a whole. In class they have to work with students of different nationalities on group projects which nurture their team skills. As a result, they experience change in their overall personality. Furthermore, they get an opportunity to study in ultra-modern universities with high-technology and tie-ups with various industries. Having an overseas degree provides an edge to the student in the international job market.
In conclusion, I think an overseas qualification not only improves chances of employment but also develops the overall personality of the student. While there are some limitations to this trend, in my opinion, the advantages of getting an international degree outweigh the disadvantages.
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 7 essay samples: It is better to study abroad
- Band 8 essay sample | Part time jobs make students stressed out
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- IELTS Essay: Some believe that students who fear their teachers excel academically…
- IELTS essay sample | Universities should provide free education to poor students
- Band 7.5 essay about the positive and negative aspects of international marketing
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications