Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Number Of Sports Facilities Will Improve Public Health
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities. Others, however, say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people say that increasing the number of sports facilities will greatly enhance public health. However, others oppose this view and believe that it will only help to some extent and other more effective measures are required to ensure public health. I strongly support the latter view.
There are people who opine that increasing the number of sports facilities will contribute to the betterment of public health. By this initiative, the government can motivate people to participate in various sports and become physically active and mentally fit. For example, sports will help them to burn out their excess calories and and also provide an opportunity to interact with others, which in turn, enhance their psycho-social well-being.
Having said that, the majority of the people believe that sports facilities alone cannot ensure the health of people. This is because the public comprises of people of different age-groups right from infants to seniors and it is not possible to ensure the participation of all of them in sports.
On the other hand, facilities like vaccination campaigns, free medical check-up, distribution of health supplements and health educational classes at public places will deliver better results. For instance, medical students conduct free health camps at public places on occasions like ‘World Diabetes Day’. Another case in point is the midday meal programme launched by the government of India in 1995. It provides free lunches to students in all government schools with the aim of improving their nutritional status. This scheme has not only encouraged parents to send their child to school but also resulted in enhancement of their health status. Therefore, it is evident that other measures contribute more to public health than sports facilities.
To conclude, though sports facilities enhance public heath to some extent, other measures such as creating health awareness and offering free or subsidised healthcare are much more effective.
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- Band 7 essay sample | Government should take measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay about government taking measures to improve people’s health
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Public Health The Responsibility Of The Government?
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places
- Band 8 essay sample about increasing the minimum age for driving
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion