In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Lately, there has been an increase in the number of people who prefer to read e-books instead of paper books. In my opinion, this trend has more advantages than disadvantages.
Despite some problems stated below, e-books bring a lot of benefits for both readers and the environment. Firstly, one of the evident benefits associated with e-books is that they make the purchasing process easier and quicker for readers. Instead of going to book stores to purchase books, readers can easily purchase the e-books over the internet whenever required. Secondly, e-books assure ease of accessibility to readers. In other words, reading devices such as Kindle can be loaded with hundreds of books at the same time and the readers can access the same whenever required. Finally, e-books are an eco-friendly alternative to paper books. This is extremely beneficial for the environment as trees are not required to be cut to produce papers.
Admittedly, there are also some minor problems associated with e-books. One of the common concerns is that continuous reading of ebooks may strain the eyes of the reader. Also they expose the reader to radiation and cause health problems in them. This can be easily avoided by taking short intervals while reading. Another possible issue related to e-books is that they can be lost if the reading device storing them gets corrupted. For example, a reading device can get corrupted due to virus. Again, readers can overcome this by installing anti-virus software on reading devices.
In conclusion, the benefits which e-books offer such as convenience and eco-friendliness clearly outweigh any disadvantages associated with them.
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Young People No Longer Read Newspapers Or Watch Television
- Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample | Traditional Reading is better than the digital reading. Do you agree or disagree?
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers