Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis for a fee.
Some people think that in order to solve traffic and transportation problems people should be encouraged to live in cities rather than in suburbs or countryside. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The number of cars on the roads is increasing every day. Traffic and transportation issues are a growing concern in every major city. Many people believe that in order to solve traffic and transportation woes people should be encouraged to live in cities rather than in the suburbs or countryside. I strongly disagree with this statement. In my opinion, there are several other ways to solve this issue.
Firstly, encouraging people to live in the cities may have a detrimental effect on the population and environment. Overcrowding of the cities is a major issue in the world today. Also, cities are expensive and people may not have the funds necessary to reside in the city. Lack of good public transportation facilities is the prime reason for traffic congestion in cities, because this encourages people to use their own vehicles. In addition, poor traffic co-ordination especially during peak hours, repairing of roads and other problems slow vehicular movement.
The government and civic authorities should increase the frequency of their public transportation services. In order to ensure public convenience and satisfaction, services should be scheduled in a timely manner. It is also important to ensure the quality of roads and to eliminate bottlenecks which hamper traffic flow. Organizations should provide transport facilities for staff who travel long distances. Carpooling is the best way to mitigate traffic woes and individuals should be encouraged to do this.
To conclude, there are a number of solutions to traffic and transportation woes. The government and the people should work hand in hand to combat this issue.
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- IELTS essay sample | Should old cities be redesigned?
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- IELTS essay sample | Consequences of overpopulation in urban areas