This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get an IELTS essay corrected for US $3.5
Human activity has had a negative impact on plants and animals around the world. Some people say that it is too late to do something while others think that actions can be taken to improve the situation. Discuss both sides of the view and give your opinion.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
It is undoubtedly true that some of our activities have a harmful effect on our planet. While some people believe that nothing can be done to solve the negative impact of human activity on the wildlife, I strongly argue that several measures can be taken to solve the problem.
To begin with, some people are of the opinion that the damaging effect of some of our activities on the wildlife cannot be resolved. This, in their opinion, is because many species of plants and animals have already disappeared from our world and it is impossible to get them back. For example, in 2013, a United Nations study found out that several species disappeared from our ecosystem because of deforestation. This clearly shows the depth of the bad effects that our activities have on the wildlife. So, in these people’s opinion nothing can be done to reverse the problem.
Nevertheless, I insist that there are many measures that governments and individuals can take to stop the negative effect that our activities have on our planet. First of all, governments around the world must come together to address the issue of deforestation. This is because it is the main cause of the disappearance of endangered species. For example, the South African government outlawed deforestation in 2015 and since then the results have been impressive as many species have been saved from extinction and soil erosion has been stopped. As a result, the endangered species now have no disruption in their habitats and the production of crops has increased. Individuals can also spread awareness about the destructive effect that some of our activities have on the planet. Obviously there are still many more things that we can do to address the issue.
To sum up, I definitely maintain that governments and individuals can do several things to stop human activity that has damaging effects on our planet. Outlawing deforestation and spreading awareness amongst people about the need to protect wildlife are the actions that need to be taken.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- Band 8 Sample | Social Networking Sites Have a Negative Effect On Society
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- Band 9 essay sample | Translation tools have made human translators redundant
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- Acting, action, activate, active or activity
- IELTS essay sample: People are living longer. Is this a positive or negative development?