This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some people think that having a set retirement age (e.g. 65 years) for everybody, regardless of occupation, is unfair. They believe that certain workers deserve to retire and receive a pension at an earlier stage. Do you agree or disagree?Which type of workers do you think should benefit from early retirement?
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that fixing the age limit for retirement at 65 without considering the nature of their occupation is a rude policy. They argue that exception should be given to certain occupations which involve physical and emotional stress. I agree with them.
A good reason to lower the age limit for retirement is that it eases the stress and pain of elderly people who are involved in hard physical labour. Generally speaking there is a lot of pressure in the working environment like achieving the month end targets. In order to meet these targets they are forced to work for longer hours which may not possible at their age. Another point to consider is that they may have lost their strength as they have been working for 25 to 30 years.
Due to this they may not be able to work as efficiently as they did in the past. Finally, it is essential for all people to stay fit and healthy. Elder people are more likely to fall ill than others. This is because they have a weak immune system. That is the reason doctors advise their elderly patients to stop working at a certain age.
Employees working in certain sectors will benefit from early retirement. For example, drivers should retire early. For driving we need more concentration throughout the work. So, people who crossed sixty might not be able to focus on their job for a long time. The same rule is applicable to air trafficking controllers, emergency rescue teams and people involved in mining activities.
To conclude, there are certain occupations which involve physical and emotional stress. So people working in these occupations should be provided the option of voluntary retirement if they think they are not fit.
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Unfair To Have A Fixed Retired Age For All Professionals
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age For All
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age
- IELTS essay: Should retirement age be increased?
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Ways To Improve Performance Of Employees
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime