Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Should Pay Higher Salaries To Keep Employees Motivated
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
By paying more to employees on the basis of their performance, the employer can keep their motivation high. Do you agree this is the best way to encourage employees?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that in order to keep employees highly motivated, employers should pay higher salary based on their performance. While I agree with that opinion to some extent, I would argue that there is a better way to encourage people to work harder.
Admittedly, money plays a crucial role in our modern life and most people work hard to earn a higher salary. For example, a lot of employees, who work at Google Inc answered in a recent survey that they were more likely to work more efficiently when the company gave higher prize such as money or commissions. Moreover, salary based on the performance may give the lazy workers a warning that if they are not working harder they will not be paid well. As a result, these employees will have to change their attitudes and concentrate on their tasks.
However, I believe that giving a promotion frequently is a better way to keep employees motivated. For many people, money is not as important as other aspects such as holding a high position or being a key member in a company. For instance, despite the high salary that talented engineers could get from Tesla, they decided to quit their job and work for Apple Corporation where they could get promoted to senior level positions. So, a lot of large companies are now offering high position as an effective way to retain the motivational levels of their employees.
In conclusion, rewarding good performance with a high salary is definitely a good way to keep the workforce more efficient. However, I believe that giving them a promotion is a better way to keep them motivated.
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Ways To Improve Performance Of Employees
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Band 9 essay sample | The most important thing about a job is the salary
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Employees At All Times