Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
This band 8 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate.
Employer sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests and whether they are married or single. Some people say that this information may be relevant and useful. Others disagree.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, many organizations ask their candidates personal details such as their leisure activities and marital status.
By doing this they want to have more information about job seekers .This is being welcomed by the majority but a few people disagree with this practice. They are not comfortable with sharing their personal particulars; however, in my opinion sharing information has its own benefits.
To begin with, there is no harm in sharing personal details with employers during interviews because that information will help the employer to decide whether the candidate is good for the job and the organization. To exemplify, a lady is recently married and she needs time to adjust in a new family but the job opening requires utmost dedication to work. In this situation, the employer gains from knowing her marital status. The woman is also spared the trouble of working in an organisation that demands too much of her time. In addition, having knowledge of hobbies and other preferred recreational activities of employers allow employers to have a comprehensive data base based on which future outings and vacations can be organised.
On the flip side, there are a few demerits to sharing personal details with companies. Firstly, companies and recruitment agencies may get into extensive details which make the applicant uncomfortable at times. Secondly, people don’t feel at ease while sharing their personal information to strange interviewers. Lastly, different people have different choices, and a few hobbies are unconventional, which individuals don’t want to disclose.
In the final analysis, it is evident that there is a need to draw a line. Organizations can ask personal information; however, they should not ask questions that may annoy or upset the candidates.
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- Band 9 essay sample: Do you think interviews are the best method for selecting candidates?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- Band 8 letter sample | Asking for information about part-time jobs in a foreign country
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?