Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | As People Live Longer The Retirement Age Should Be Increased
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some say that because many people are living much longer, the age at which people retire from work should be raised considerably.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some think that the retirement age should be increased as the lifespan of people has gone up significantly. I totally agree with this opinion since it will reduce the old age stress by a great extent. Many seniors are facing loneliness and financial difficulties due to early retirement. This essay explains how increasing the retirement age makes life less stressful and more joyous for seniors.
Raising / increasing the retirement age will definitely help old people to gain financial independence. As they grow older, there are more chances of medical issues and the need for money is high. Thus earning their own livelihood will give them the confidence that they can survive independently. Older people do not want to be a burden for their children.
Not only that, old people have much time to travel and explore new places, and hence having their own income will give them an opportunity to live their life as they wish. It should also be noted that thanks to their business lifestyle, young people cannot spend much time with their parents and grandparents. This bothers the old parents who stay at home all day and long for the attention of their family. Hence, working for a few more years beyond the existing retirement age may help them to focus on different activities and worry less about the family time spent with their children or grandchildren.
In conclusion, raising the age of retirement will benefit the old people in several ways and reduce their financial stress and mental trauma. So I firmly believe that this viable option would be advantageous to seniors. However, care should be taken that working at such an advanced age does not turn out to be physically strenuous to them. Rather it should only help them to live a happier and healthier life.
- IELTS essay: Should retirement age be increased?
- IELTS writing test in India: Should people plan for their retirement?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Having A Set Retirement Age For All Employees Is Unfair
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Early Retirement
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample About Fixed Retirement Age For All
- IELTS essay sample | Seniors and youngsters are competing for the same jobs
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Number Of Older People Is Increasing
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- IELTS essay sample: People are living longer. Is this a positive or negative development?