Band 8 Essay Sample | Why Is English Such An Important Language?
Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such as Australia, Britain or America, in order to study at school, college or university.
Why do so many people want to study in English? Why is English such an important international language?
Band 8 essay sample
During the last few decades, the number of people moving to English-speaking countries has risen dramatically. This trend is a result of the desire to learn English and live in developed countries like Australia, Britain or America.
English is the first language in most of the developed countries of the world and learning English is a prerequisite to migrating to these countries. These countries are also the center of top ranking universities which offer education in English. Students of various nationalities are keen to study in these developed countries because they offer high quality education, advanced living standards and an opportunity to mingle with people belonging to different cultures and nationalities. Truly, studying at an internationally acclaimed university is an opportunity that broadens one’s horizons and perspectives.
The popularity of English is another factor that encourages students to choose English speaking countries for their higher education. English is easy to learn and is taught at schools in many developing nations. Most academic books and journals are published in English or an English version is readily available. It is observed that in a multinational gathering, people tend to communicate in English, because it is the universal link language. Most educational and knowledge imparting websites are also in English. Also, the computer programs are written in English language. Thus, it is evident that English has become an important language for anyone to learn and achieve their career goals.
In conclusion, international students move to English speaking countries to perfect their language skills and to benefit from the higher level of education and living standards available in these countries.
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Moving to English Speaking Countries
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay sample | Should English be taught at schools?
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- What is IELTS?