Band 8 essay sample | When both parents work how are children affected?
The following essay was submitted by one of our readers.
In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.
Most families find it necessary for both parents to work out of the home to meet demands of this competitive world. I agree that children in these families enjoy the extra earning; however, I also believe they miss out on their parents support.
Children, who come from families where both parents work, enjoy a luxurious life; most of their demands are met; they travel often; have better education opportunities, and are financially secure. This is because of the extra earning that allows such families to afford the luxuries of life. For instance, if the father’s salary pays for house expenses, the mother’s can be used for holidays or other luxuries. This is an advantage because when families are financially stable, there is less stress in the home, bringing about a peaceful environment for children to grow up in and reducing the possibility of stress related conditions to both parents and children.
On the flip side, working parents do not know how their children spend their time in their absence. For example, when parents come home from work, they are exhausted and do not spend time with their children. This is a problem and children may resort to seeking guidance from friends or television and may be influenced by peer pressure or join gangs, increasing the rate of school dropouts. A balance between work and family is mandatory for the wellbeing of children.
In conclusion, a luxurious life is not sufficient; children need their parents’ guidance and support as they grow. It is the responsibility of parents to make sure they are aware of the happenings in their children’s life and guide them accordingly.
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- IELTS practice: What happens when both parents work?
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay 1
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- IELTS Essay: Is work-life balance necessary?
- IELTS essay: Should children be given homework?
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- Band 6 essay sample: What are the causes of having children later in life?