The best way to learn English is to study in an English speaking country. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 8 essay sample
It is definitely true that studying English in an English-speaking country is the best way to learn English. These days, increasing numbers of foreign students are heading to English-speaking countries to learn the de facto universal language, English. Therefore, I agree with the given statement for two reasons: good opportunities to practice the language and access to native English-speaking teachers.
To begin with, when students live in an English speaking country, there are more opportunities for students to use English language in their daily lives. The reason for this is that they have no other language to communicate with local people. For example, in Britain, there is no other way but to communicate in English. As a result, students learn the language in order to understand other people and consequently improve their English in a very short amount of time.
Furthermore, students will be able to study English with the aid of native English speaking teachers, who are experts in the language and know the best way to teach English language to foreigners. Because of this students will learn the right pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. For instance, British, Australian, Canadian, and American teachers have very clear pronunciation, which is very important in learning the language. As a result, students will learn the basics of the language in the most accurate and effective way and quickly improve their English thereafter.
To sum up, I strongly agree with the statement that the easiest and most effective way to learn English language is to go to an English speaking country. The opportunity to use the language in daily life and the accurate way of learning the basics such as pronunciation and grammar are the reasons for the aforementioned narrative.
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- How to get band 8 in IELTS Speaking?
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS essay sample | Should English be taught at schools?
- Band 7.5 essay sample about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- IELTS Speaking practice test
- How to improve your band score?
- How are your speaking skills assessed?
- IELTS essay about the reasons for learning a foreign language
- Band 7.5 essay sample | We should learn to live with climate change