The following is an essay submitted by one of our students. Note that all band score estimates are approximate.
Some people say that schools should teach good behaviour to children and introduce them to ‘right’ and ‘wrong’. Parents should not be the only ones responsible. Do you agree or disagree?
Get your essays corrected by us. We have helped numerous students achieve the score they want in the Writing module.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, schools also have a responsibility to teach good values and behaviour to children. I completely agree with this. Children spend a great deal of their time at school. It is, therefore, the duty of teachers to inculcate good habits and behaviour in them.
Most children now start going to school as soon as they turn three. The school is like a second home to them and there they get to spend time with lots of others. At this age, children have an impressionable mind and anything that they see and hear leave an indelible mark of their mind. Needless to say, teachers can use this period to help them distinguish right from wrong. Young children have tremendous respect for their teachers. In fact, they respect their teachers more than they respect their parents. So, naturally, they will show a greater inclination to walk the right path if teachers show them what is right and what is wrong.
Parents are also responsible for teaching good values to their children. However, they cannot monitor every act of their children. When the kids are at school, teachers are their natural guardians and as such it is the duty of the teachers to teach them what is good and what is bad. A child’s character is formed by the time he or she turns 10. Parents and teachers are the major influences on their life during this period. It is therefore imperative that both parents and teachers take the responsibility to teach them good behaviour.
To conclude, children spend a great deal of time under the care and supervision of their teachers and therefore, teachers have a moral duty to guide them to the right path.
- IELTS essay sample | Schools should teach students to become good citizens rather than independent thinkers
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Children Learn By Observing And Copying the Behaviour of Adults
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- IELTS essay: Parents should teach children about money
- IELTS essay sample | Why do children misbehave in the class?
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Should children go to mixed schools?