Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary
This band 8 IELTS letter sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Your friend is celebrating her Birthday soon and has invited you to a party. But you are unable to come because you are going to attend an important meeting that day.
Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- thank him/her for the invitation
- explain why you cannot come
- propose to meet on another day
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I received your letter yesterday. Thank you so much for inviting me to your birthday party but regrettably I won’t be able to come because I have a job interview on that particular day. As you know I recently resigned from my previous job because of some disagreements with my boss.
Last week I applied for a job as a communication director at a local TV channel called Dongola TV. Just now they’ve informed me that I’ll have a job interview on the 16th of March which unfortunately coincides with your birthday. Again I’m very sorry to give your party a miss but I have no choice because I badly need this job.
I’ll be in your city in August for a medical check-up so we can meet up then, if it’d be convenient to you. It’s been so long since we last met and I’m very eager to see you again.
Convey by regards to your parents.
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Band 8 letter sample | An apology letter to a neighbour
- Sample letter | An apology
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Asking For Help In Organizing An Event
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Apologizing For Damaging Something You Borrowed From Them
- Band 8 letter sample | Asking for information about part-time jobs in a foreign country
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend