The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
The performance of staff can have a significant impact on the success of a company.
What companies can do to increase staff productivity?
Band 8 essay sample
It is true that a company’s success relies heavily on the performance of its staff members. There are several measures that can be implemented to increase staff productivity. This essay will discuss these measures in more detail.
To begin with, improving working conditions for the staff is vital for them to be productive because such improvement will allow them to carry out their duties precisely and in a timely efficient manner. For example, almost all CEOs who participated in a survey in the U.S. said that the most important factor for their success was improving working conditions for the employees. Better working conditions will automatically increase the productivity of employees and allow them to achieve their targets.
It is equally important to keep employees happy. They should feel wanted and valued. Companies can increase the productivity of their staff and boost their morale by rewarding and promoting staff members who carry out their duties effectively because this will encourage other staff members to follow in doing their duties in more effective ways. For instance, in 2012, a Sudanese company was transformed from being a failed company into one of the most successful businesses in Sudan by rewarding and promoting their staff. Thus such a policy will undoubtedly help in increasing the productivity of employees in any business outlet and that will consequently help a company to succeed.
To sum up, the performance of employees is the most imperative factor in any business’s success. Companies can increase the productivity of their staff by improving their working conditions and by giving rewards and promotions.
- IELTS essay: Performance based pay packets encourage employees to work harder. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 9 essay sample | Some managerial positions should be reserved for female employees
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?