Some people believe that teaching children at home is best for a child’s development while others think that it is important for children to go to school.
Discuss the advantages of both methods and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many people consider that home schooling is a better option for children nowadays; however, some people think that it is beneficial for kids to learn at an institution along with other students.
In my opinion, it is always better to study in a school, as it gives exposure and opportunities to learn from others. On the other hand, teaching at home could be beneficial for the better upbringing of a child.
Studying at a school gives children various opportunities to learn sports, arts, language and culture. This cannot be achieved at home. These institutes not only impart knowledge, but also help children in developing social behaviour, which is extremely important for the society. Schools give children an atmosphere of healthy competition and let them identify their own flaws, which make them more responsible. For example, one of my friend’s daughter could not attend elementary school because of her bad health. This had a negative effect on her social and communication skills.
On the other hand, there are a few advantages to teaching children at home, as the education provided to the children is controlled and can be monitored. It is a known fact that along with all the good habits, children learn a lot of bad habits from school, while interacting with other students. This can be avoided when children are taught at home.
To conclude, even though teaching at home has its perks, schooling at an institute is always a better option because of the fact that a child requires development in various areas and regular schooling provides that.
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling and regular schooling
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?