Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media

Here is a band 8 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.

Band 8 IELTS Academic Report Sample

The pie charts below show the types of audio media used from 1990 to 2010. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

audio media ielts report

 

Report sample

The given set of pie charts shows the different types of audio media that were used in the years 1990, 2000 and 2010. The types are mainly cassettes, compact disks, vinyl records and digital audios (MP3). The first chart shows that in the year 1990, the most popular media used to be compact disks which occupied more than half (55%) of the market. Cassettes had exactly a quarter of the market share and the rest of the market was held by vinyl records. The second pie chart shows the different kinds of audio media popular in the year 2000. In this year, compact disks had a near total monopoly and enjoyed 95% of the market share and the rest of the market (5%) was held by digital audio. In the year 2010, 60% of the market was captured by MP3s. Market share of CDs plummeted to mere 35% (down from 95% in 2000). Vinyl records came back to market and claimed 5% of it.

Overall, the music industry seemed to love change and kept embracing new and better technologies from audio cassettes and vinyl records to CDs and MP3s.

Related posts:

  1. IELTS report about US University applications
  2. Band 7.5 report about US University applications
  3. IELTS report about ratings that various aspects of a university received in 3 different years
  4. Band 9 IELTS report sample
  5. Band 7.5 IELTS Academic Report About Estimated Sales Of Jeans
  6. Band 8 Academic IELTS Report About Adult Education
  7. Band 8 report about average house prices in various cities
  8. IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
  9. Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
  10. IELTS report sample about recycling

Manjusha Nambiar

Hi, I'm Manjusha. This is my blog where I give IELTS preparation tips.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *