Band 8.5 letter sample | A complaint letter
You recently bought an item in the supermarket but later found out that something was wrong with it. You came back to the supermarket, but the staff weren’t helpful. Write a letter to the supermarket manager and say
– What item did you purchase?
– What was the problem with it?
– What do you want the manager to do about it?
Here is a sample letter submitted by one of our students.
I am writing to inform you that I recently purchased an HP Pavilion 5760M laptop from your outlet on the Queen Street, Brisbane. For full technical specifications and complete branch address please refer to the attached document.
Unfortunately, I was unable to turn the laptop on once I got home. When I press the power button, the screen flickers for a while and then nothing happens. I have tried to talk with a few staff members of the outlet from where I purchased the laptop. However, they insisted that I should contact the maker’s service centre and get the issue resolved. I am frustrated. This is not the kind of service I expect from a big name brand like yours.
Now would you be kind enough to refund my money or exchange the laptop with a working one?
If you require any further documentation or details, please contact me on this phone number: +610405400152.
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter
- IELTS sample letter
- IELTS sample letters: complaint letter (from business to business)
- IELTS letter sample: A thank you letter
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A complaint letter
- IELTS letter: Complaint letter sample
- IELTS Sample Letter 3
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter