Band 8.5 IELTS Report | Compare The Current State Of A Town With Its Proposed Development Plan
Here is a band 8.5 IELTS report submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8.5 IELTS report sample
The given maps compare the present layout of Islip town with its proposed development plan. It is evident that some major changes are proposed. Right now the town has a number of shops on either side of the main road. There are some housing areas behind the shops on the south side of the road. There is also a park to the east and a school to the west of housing in the south.
The proposed plan incorporates some massive changes to the north of the existing main road. The shops in this area will make way for a bus station, shopping centre, car park, and new housing. The existing main road will be converted to a pedestrians only road. The most striking feature of the proposed development plan is the construction of a dual carriage way encircling the central areas of the town. A narrow road is also proposed to be built from the eastern side of the dual carriage way to the new housing areas of the north-east. In addition, a new housing area will be built to the west of the park in the south-east. This development will also make the park smaller in size. The school will not undergo any change.
- IELTS report sample | Map of a town
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- IELTS Speaking: Questions about home town
- Band 8 letter sample
- Band 7 essay sample | Park land should be used for housing
- Topic card: Describe a city or town you enjoyed visiting
- Speaking practice questions and answers
- IELTS Speaking part 1: Sample Questions and Answers
- Band 8 report sample | Household spending patterns
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Living Longer. Is This A Positive Development Or Negative Development?