Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest To Volunteer
Here is a band 8.5 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
You live in an English speaking country and you want to do some voluntary, unpaid work in a developing country. Write a letter to a company called Cultural Expeditions, which organises such trips. In your letter:
- Explain why you want to do the voluntary work.
- State what your skills and experience are.
- Indicate where you would like to volunteer and for how long.
Band 8.5 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter to express my desire to volunteer as an English teacher in any one of the developing countries. I hod Masters degree in English language and I have been working as a senior English teacher at a public school for eight years.
As you know, the summer vacations are drawing closer and I am planning to spend those two months in a developing nation teaching English to poor and destitute children. I have always wanted to volunteer but never got an opportunity.
After seeing your advertisement I searched online about your programmes and I have decided that I want to volunteer in an African country. Let me know if you have any openings there. If that is not possible, you can send me to any other country. I am available from the start of May until the end of June.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest In Buying A Used Car
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- IELTS Writing: Sample Letter
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Friend About Your New Job
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To Your Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- Expressing condition using if-clauses