This band 8.5 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Some employers want to be able to contact their staff at all times, even on holidays. Does this development have more disadvantages than advantages?
Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
In today’s competitive world, employers want to be able to contact their employees no matter where they are in order to maintain smooth operations. This approach may have many positives, but it does have a few negatives as well.
To start with, it is important to be able to contact an employee especially during difficult times at work on in case of an emergency. For example, hospitals need to be able to contact their staff in case of patient emergencies, trauma and calamities. This may help save a life or many lives. In times of troubleshooting certain tasks, a phone call or email may save a presentation, project or win a deal for an organization). Certain organizations, call centres for instance, need their staff on-call throughout the year. Any failure to do so may lead to loss of business and revenue.
Contacting employees does not always benefit employers. To begin with, no employee likes to be contacted by their employer when they are at home or on holiday. This may invoke a feeling of resentment towards the employer. Some individuals are forced to work round the clock. They even take their work home. This leads to overworking, which may further lead to health risks and other related issues. Moreover, the employee may feel unhappy at his workplace and may even consider seeking job opportunities elsewhere. No employer benefits from an unhappy workforce as it may affect the growth and success of an organization.
In conclusion, contacting an employee may prove fruitful in certain situations, it may have a bearing on employee happiness and health. It could even lead to attrition.
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Employers Are Asking For Too Much Personal Information
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Ways To Improve Performance Of Employees
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Eventually All Jobs Will Be Performed by Robots