Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
This band 8.5 essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples to get a free band score estimate or get an essay corrected for US $3.5.
People living in cities today do not get enough exercise. Why? What can be done to solve this problem?
Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample
These days, it is true that in urban centres people do not exercise adequately. There are several reasons behind this unhealthy development. Fortunately, there are several solutions too.
To begin with, there are different reasons why people in urban areas do not exercise enough. The first reason is that there are not many designated areas for exercising in cities. This is because nowadays cities are overcrowded and do not have enough land to accommodate the increasing number of people who migrate to them. For example, in 2008, the Sudanese government began to build new apartment blocks in public spaces that were earlier used as exercising areas. As a result, people now struggle to find places where they can exercise.
Furthermore, people who live in cities are now busier than in the past. They work very hard to make a living for themselves and their families. In other words, space constraints and time constraints are the main reasons that discourage urban dwellers from getting enough exercise.
Fortunately, there are several ways to tackle this issue. First of all, the government should provide free facilities where people can exercise. This will definitely encourage more people to get physically active. The government also needs to create awareness about the importance of staying physically active. They can rope in respected public personalities to drive home the message that regular exercise improves health and longevity.
To sum up, it is evident that lack of public spaces and the busy lifestyle of urban people are the reasons for them not getting enough exercise. However, building exercising facilities and teaching people about the importance of exercising can solve this problem.
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- IELTS essay about quality of life in cities
- IELTS essay | Urbanisation leads to loneliness
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 9 essay about poor quality of life in cities
- IELTS essay sample | Should old cities be redesigned?
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Consequences of overpopulation in urban areas
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening