The internet has brought about many changes into our day to day life. Nowadays we are doing things such as mailing, contacting, banking and communication much faster. Do these developments have more advantages than disadvantages?
The internet has transformed people’s lives. It has changed the way we communicate with each other, transact business and access information. Although the internet has both positive and negative aspects, I believe that its merits outweigh its demerits.
To begin with, thanks to the internet, people can now contact their friends, family and colleagues faster and more efficiently than in the past. Most people have internet connection on their mobile or computer and as a result, they can always stay connected with their near and dear ones. For example, social networking applications like WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter allow people to chat and share videos and other important information. Similarly, through facilities like video conferencing and webinars people from different parts of the world can now participate in online conferences which eliminate the need to travel to other countries and cities for attending such programmes.
Additionally, online shopping and banking have saved people a great deal of time and effort. People today can sit at home and buy their grocery, books or household appliances from online sites such as Amazon or eBay and their stuff will be delivered at home. Moreover, transferring and withdrawing money have become very easy today with online facilities offered by most banks.
On the other hand, a great deal of offensive and obscene content is available on the web and children have easy access to them. Many antisocial elements and terrorist groups like ISIS recruit youngsters through the internet. Internet addiction is another problem. Many people are now addicted to the internet and wasting their time. This can affect their career and relationships.
In conclusion, the internet has greatly benefited people in different ways. Although it has some negative aspects it can be handled efficiently by implementing proper laws and regulations and through parental supervision.
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 8 essay sample: The internet should be controlled