At the present time, the population of some countries includes a relatively large no. of young adults compared with the no. of older people.
Do the advantages of this situation outweigh the disadvantages?
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task. Write at least 250 words.
Band 8.5 essay sample
Many countries now have a large population of young people. While some people believe that this is advantageous, others are of the opinion that having the right mix of young and old people is essential for maintaining the proper balance. This essay will analyse both sides of the argument before arriving at a reasoned conclusion.
There are certainly several benefits to having more young people. To begin with, young people are more productive than old people. They are also healthier. As a result, industries have no difficulty finding the best talent. For instance, India has no scarcity of educated and skilled young people. Therefore, companies operating in the country are never short of talented people. Another advantage of having a large population of young people is their ability to bring about necessary changes in the thinking of the nation. It is a generally accepted that young people change their attitude as per the need and always challenge the old style of thinking. This helps the country to grow and gain acceptance on the global stage. Young people are also healthier and need less spending on healthcare.
That said, there are also some downsides to having more young people. Youngsters need jobs and if the country cannot generate enough employment opportunities for its young population, it can be a problem. India, for example, has a high unemployment rate because it has the highest number of individuals in the age bracket of 20-40 years. Joblessness can also lead to an increase in criminal activities.
To conclude, when we look at the positive changes young people can bring about in a society it is not hard to see that the advantages of having more young people outweigh the disadvantages.
- Band 7.5 essay sample | More young people now occupy positions in the government
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Moving to English Speaking Countries
- Band 9 essay sample: In some countries old people are more valued
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay sample: Effects of increasing population
- Band 7.5 essay about the positive and negative aspects of international marketing
- IELTS report about population in four countries