The following is a letter submitted by one of our students.
Your local council is considering closing a sports and leisure centre that it runs, in order to save money.
Write a letter to the local council. In your letter:
- give details of how you and your family use the centre
- explain why the sports and leisure centre is important for the local community
- describe the possible effects on local people if the center closes
Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to request you not to close the sports and leisure centre in our neighbourhood. If financial constraints are the problem I would suggest that you charge a small fee from the people who are using it now.
Our community finds this centre a very useful one as we use it effectively during most of the evenings and all weekends. It is one of the main places where we spend our spare time in an efficient way to improve and maintain our health.
Maintaining this centre in our community is necessary, as we have a good amount of aged people and children living here. They all find it as a perfect place to spend their leisure time, enjoy the holidays and interact with each other. If this centre is closed, there will be no interaction between people and families. This will ultimately affect the friendly environment prevailing in this community. I hope you will reconsider your plan to close the centre. I am sure that charging a small fee from all the families who use the centre will solve the financial problems.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Sending Kids to Childcare Centres Is Better Than Leaving Them in the Care of Their Grandparents
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8 letter sample
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it