Here is a band 7 IELTS letter sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Your friend is thinking about learning to drive and would like some advice. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Say why a driving licence is advantageous
- Recommend a driving school
- Give any extra guidance/tips
Band 7 IELTS letter sample
How have you been since the time we last met? I’m glad to hear that you have finally decided to learn driving.
As I’ve always been saying, obtaining a driving licence has several benefits. It’ll enable you to go wherever you want without having to depend on public transport. You will save some money as well because you no longer have to hire a rickshaw or a cab to get about the town.
Anyway, I would insist that you join a driving school first and take necessary driving lessons. I would suggest joining the Radhika Driving School in the town. As you know I went there. Their instructors are well-trained; they also have flexible time options. Better still, they offer you 25 driving classes for just Rs. 2500, which is very reasonable.
Last but not least, don’t get upset if you don’t pass the driving test the first time as many people don’t. In that case, get more practice and take the test again.
All the best,
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Learn To Drive
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Has Changed Schools
- IELTS letter sample
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for assistance with finding a job
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample |Driving Age Should Be Increased To 25
- Band 7 essay about driving age
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections