Here is a band 7 essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
There seems to be an increase in the number of serious crimes committed each year. While some think the best way to solve this problem is to use the death penalty as a deterrent, many people believe that other measures will be needed. Discuss both sides.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
While some people think that the increasing number of serious crimes can be tackled by offering death penalty to the offenders, others are of the opinion that some other measures are required. In my opinion, the government has to focus on certain measures to deal with the ever increasing number of serious crimes.
On the one hand, some people believe that the crime rate will decrease if the government introduces certain measures. Firstly, vocational training should be offered to culprits while they serve their prison sentence. This will allow them to find a job after the completion of their sentence. Also when they are able to meet their needs, they are less likely to get into criminal activities in the future. Secondly, rehabilitation classes have to be conducted in prisons to educate the criminals about the aftermaths of crimes in the society. To elaborate they should be taught how crime affects the law and order situation of the society. Thirdly, the government has to organise campaigns to educate the public about the importance of accepting the criminals once they return to normal life after serving jail term.
On the other hand, there are opponents who consider that capital punishment is the best way to deal with serious offences. It cannot be denied that dangerous crimes are on the rise as people think that death punishment is not awarded very often. Therefore, they argue that death penalty must be offered to crimes such as rape and terrorist activities to bring about peace and harmony in the community.
In conclusion, even though people have diverse opinions about awarding capital punishment to deal with serious crimes, I think that measures such as offering vocational training and conducting rehabilitation classes in prisons will help to reduce the number of crimes to a certain extent.
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- IELTS essay about life imprisonment and death penalty
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Juveniles Committing Serious Crimes Should Be Punished In The Same Way As Adults
- Band 8 essay sample: Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Is capital punishment justified?
- Capital punishment should be abolished | Band 7 essay sample
- IELTS essay sample: Is education more effective than prisons in curbing crimes?
- IELTS essay sample about keeping criminals in imprisoned for long
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime