Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the government should decide the subject for students to study in university
Some people think that the government should decide the subject for students to study in university. Others believe that students should be allowed to apply for the subject they prefer. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Some believe that the government is the right authority to choose the subjects while others insist that students should be allowed to choose their subjects. In my opinion, the government can take better decisions than students because they have the guidance of experienced teachers and other experts.
Nowadays, people feel that students are knowledgeable enough to decide what they want to study. They are not only aware of the suitable career options but also understand the means to achieve them. For instance, with the advent of social media they are well connected with college seniors and expert teachers from around the globe that all the latest developments in their field are well known to them. Overall, most of the students are intelligent enough to understand where they are heading.
However, when it comes to designing courses, the government can take better decisions. This is because the government receives sound advice from teachers and educationists. In addition, they are also well aware of the job opportunities available within the country and outside of it. Consequently, they can design courses that offer better employment opportunities for children. By contrast, if students are given the right to choose their topics, they may opt for subjects they find interesting without considering the job prospects.
To conclude, whether the subjects should be selected by the government or the students continues to be a debatable topic. This essay discussed why it is apt to give students this right and why giving that power to the government is a superior choice. In my opinion, the government has better exposure and understanding than students to decide what future generation should learn.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Students Should Only Be Allowed To Study Science Subjects
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Instead Of Focusing On One Subject, Students Should Learn A Variety Of Subjects
- IELTS essay sample | Government interference in school syllabi
- Cue card: Talk about a subject that you didn’t like learning at school
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- Band 7 Essay Sample | News editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Students Should Go To University To Improve Their Career Prospects
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Universities Should Only Teach Science And Technology