Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets in some countries, many small local businesses are unable to compete. Some people think that the local business will bring about the death of local communities. To what extent you agree or disagree?
Supermarkets are gaining huge popularity in certain countries and local businesses are finding it difficult to compete with them. Some people have the opinion that the end of local businesses can lead to the death of local communities. I disagree with this statement because of the reasons described in this essay.
Many new supermarkets and shopping malls are emerging in many places. It is difficult for small businesses in local areas to compete with these kinds of large businesses. There are several reasons for this. Firstly, beautiful architecture, ambience and other facilities such as car parking attract many people towards supermarkets. Shopping is no longer just buying things, but it is also a kind of entertainment for people in the modern society. Secondly, supermarkets make shopping easy for people as they can buy all the items which are necessary from one shop. Going to different shops for getting different items is tedious and time consuming.
However, closure of local businesses will not lead to the death of a community. People live happily in localities even if local shops are not available. As a result of the growth of technology and global economy, people now have enough money and transportation facilities to travel to big markets in distant places. Therefore it is not necessary for them to depend on nearby local shops to meet their needs. For example, metro trains which can take people faster to shopping malls are now available.
In conclusion, I disagree with the opinion that the closure of local shops can lead to the death of local communities.
- IELTS essay about supermarkets and small shops
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Local Newspaper About Problems Affecting The Local Market
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Visitors should follow local customs
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- Band 7 essay sample | Travelers should follow local customs
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping