Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Smacking Children The Best Form Of Discipline?
This band 7 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your IELTS writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis for US $3.5. You can find more information about our writing correction service here.
Smacking children is the best form of discipline. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
It is certainly true that children are behaving more inappropriate these days; consequently, most people believe that the best way to discipline them is to give them physical punishment. I don’t agree with this view. I personally think that even if they behave badly smacking children is completely unacceptable.
There are a number of reasons why parents consider the physical punishment as the best form of discipline. Firstly, they usually think that when children are smacked for bad behaviour they will learn that every action has a reaction. Secondly, adults constantly want to have control over their children and let them know who is in charge by this obsolete method. Finally, parents often want to make sure that their children will not repeat the bad behavior again by being afraid of the consequences.
On the other hand, there are some strong arguments against smacking children.To begin with, physical violence is the worst solution to any problem; instead, there are other forms of discipline that produce positive results. Children learn a lot by watching and imitating adults. Parents should strive to be role models for children by behaving appropriately at all times. What is more, physical punishment could leave a severe trauma on children and they may behave even more inappropriately in the future.
To summarise, children are the future of our society and adults should raise them with tolerance, patience and love. Being strict does not necessarily involve physical violence. Therefore smacking children to discipline them should be completely forbidden and parents who still do it, must be severely penalised by the law.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline
- Band 7 essay sample | Punishment is necessary to help children learn the difference between right and wrong
- IELTS essay about lack of discipline among youngsters
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 7 essay sample: Should children be disciplined?
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- Are mobile phones a necessity for young children?
- IELTS Essay: What effects do traveling parents have on their children?
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?