Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet.
In the past people liked to store knowledge in books. However, in the present, we prefer to store knowledge on the internet. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students on this topic. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Unlike in the past, information is now being increasingly stored on the internet. In my opinion, there are more benefits than disadvantages to this practice.
Despite the disadvantages mentioned below, I believe that the knowledge stored on the internet can offer extensive benefits for everyone in the present. Firstly, this source of knowledge is easily accessible from any location. In other words, anyone with access to the internet can quickly access the knowledge without any geographical constraints. Secondly, knowledge stored online is highly secure. In this digital world, we have many security standards to keep our information safe online. Furthermore, online information can be shared fast. Anyone can share the link of a piece of information over internet to someone else within seconds.
Admittedly, there are some minor problems to storing knowledge on the internet. One minor issue is the cost of buying digital devices to access the internet. Some digital devices could be an expensive option for some, whereas books can be a cheaper option to get the same knowledge. Another possible issue is the strain on eyes. For instance, if someone is working on the internet for longer duration, it might lead to some strain on eyes and can cause some stress as well. Although this is not a very common issue, books can still be a safer option.
In conclusion, benefits such as easy access to knowledge and security standards far outweigh the minor drawbacks that could result from storing knowledge on the internet.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In recent years, more and more people are choosing to read e-books rather than paper books. Do the advantages outweigh disadvantages?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Simple past or present perfect tense | Grammar exercise