This band 7 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students.
Some people think that politicians have the greatest influence on the world, while others believe that scientists are. Discuss both sides of view and give your opinion.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
While some people argue that politicians have the utmost impact on the universe, I am of the opinion that scientists are the most influential people on earth. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument in more detail.
To begin with, some people believe that politicians have the greatest impact on the planet. This is because they make laws, policies and regulations that can last forever and can directly affect our lives either positively or negatively. For example, it was not possible to reach the Paris agreement on climate change without the participation of politicians. As a result, countries from across the globe came together and agreed to reduce the global temperature by two degree Celsius by 2050 which will have a sustainable impact on our lives. So, this argument is understandable.
However, I maintain that scientists have the biggest impact on our planet. Without them it was not possible to make our lives more convenient. Because of them, there are now cures for different kinds of diseases, we can easily communicate with other people across the globe and we are able to know problems that are affecting our world such as the climate change. For instance, the invention of Penicillin which was invented in 1940s and was considered the greatest invention of all time, has saved millions of lives from dying and it is still very effective in fighting different kinds of infections. In addition, scientists are more popular and more trustworthy than politicians across the globe because it is commonly understood that while politicians work to benefit themselves, scientists are more concerned about our lives in general.
To sum up, while I understand the argument that politicians have the biggest impact on the world, I strongly believe that scientists are the ones who have the highest influence on our planet. The facts that they have invented many useful things to the world and they are more popular and more honest than politicians are the reasons for my argument.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS essay sample | Environment protection is the responsibility of politicians
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Instead of preventing climate change we should live with it
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it
- Sample essay: Can scientists detect criminal tendencies in a child by mapping his brain at age 3?
- IELTS essay about space exploration