This General module IELTS essay was submitted by one of our students. Note that all band score estimates are approximate.
Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles.
Other people feel that it is important to rest the mind during leisure time. Discuss both views and express your opinion.
Band 7 Essay Sample
It is generally accepted that resting in leisure time is good for the physical and mental health whereas some people argue and feel that doing some light activities is more enjoyable in free time. This essay will discuss both sides with logical explanation before arriving at a conclusion.
One the one hand, some people enjoy various types of activities in their free time such as surfing the internet, watching movies and playing games. These are probably suitable for those who have physically challenging jobs. For example, people engaging in physically demanding outdoor jobs like nursing or driving may prefer indoor types of activities for relaxation. Thus, it is sensible to understand that some light activities are helpful for those who are working physically. Another point is that some people who are doing sedentary jobs need some outdoor activities. Because after sitting all days in front of their computer it is good for them to do some outdoor activities such as doing exercise and playing games.
On the other hand, some people strongly argue that it is better to do nothing and getting complete rest is the best way to enjoy leisure. For instance, lots of my friends do nothing in their free time. This also have some good logic as they prefer to rest completely to refresh themselves.
In a nutshell, it is up to the person to decide whether they should rest in their free time or do some light activities; however, I strongly believe that it is better to do some enjoyable activities in the leisure time.
IELTS Writing correction service
Would you like to use our writing correction service? Detailed explanations of your mistakes will be provided with tips to improve your score. You can find more about our IELTS writing correction service here.
- IELTS essay about studies and leisure
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 7 essay | Children are forced to study even in their leisure time
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 9 Essay Sample | People Should Spend Their Money to Enjoy Life
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?