Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
This band 7 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our readers. Note that all band score estimates are approximate.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of working from home.
You should spend about 40 minutes on this essay writing task and write at least 250 words.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, home-working has becoming very popular. Recent reports state that the number of people who work from home has grown sharply. Although it seems that this kind of activity only brings benefits, it may also bring some major drawbacks. In this essay, I will express the main advantages and disadvantages of working from home.
Firstly, the crucial advantage connected with working from home is the fact that you can manage your own time. When people work from home, they are able to decide the best time to accomplish their work tasks and optimize their daily schedules, in order to solve other personal life problems. By doing this, the worker can execute his job with significant less pressure thereby bolstering his creativity and enhancing the product quality.
On the other hand, home-working has some drawbacks. If the employee who works from home does not have a strong sense of discipline, he may easily get sidetracked from his tasks. All the freedom which comes along with home-working might cause the worker to lose attention, thereby slowing down all the work process, making it impossible to achieve all the required tasks within the deadline. Furthermore, working from home keeps you away from coworkers who could help you with your job and also share with you important work experience which would improve your professional growth.
To summarize, working from home may provide several life benefits such as the ability to manage your own time and work without pressure. Nevertheless, home-working does have a few drawbacks like isolation from colleagues.
IELTS Writing correction service
Would you like to use our writing correction service? Detailed explanations of your mistakes will be provided with tips to improve your score. You can find more about our IELTS writing correction service here.
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
- Band 9 essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of longevity
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of pursuing higher education abroad
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of hosting international sporting events
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?