Band 7 essay sample about compulsory community service for high school students
The second part of the IELTS Writing test requires you to write an essay containing at least 250 words. The Writing module tests your ability to express your ideas clearly and concisely in grammatically correct English. Here are some tips for scoring well in the Writing module.
IELTS essay topic
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching to younger children).
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Unpaid community service such as working for a philanthropic organization or helping old people must be an integral part of high school education. The schools are not a place for learning math or physics only. They should teach real life skills also. Therefore I strongly believe that unpaid community services should be added to school programs. Children who go to high school should learn to help old people without expecting anything in return.
In my opinion, everyone needs to learn to help others without expecting anything in return. This might be difficult in the beginning, but they will learn this skill over time. For example, teaching sports to younger children or helping old people will become interesting activities for them after they see the other person’s happiness. By engaging in these activities from such a young age, they will learn to take care of people who need their help. For example, if they become an engineer, they will readily help an engineering student in internship.
Working for a charity also gives students an opportunity to communicate with other people. This will improve their communication skills. Good communication skills are essential for success in life. For instance, by working for a charity, they start to communicate with people that they don’t know. This situation improves their communication skills. The other important point is that they will be a part of a group and learn to work in a group.
In conclusion, unpaid community service must be an important part of high school education and I strongly believe that these services must be compulsory and with these services, students learn crucial life skills in their early life.
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children
- IELTS essay sample | Should students attend extra classes after school
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Should schools teach young students to be a good parent?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should subjects like mathematics and philosophy be optional at school?
- Band 7 essay samples: Should noisy and disobedient students be taught separately?
- Believe In Them With The Best Qualified Option Of Getting Term Paper Service
- IELTS essay about teachers rewarding students
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?