Band 7.5 Report Sample
The following is a report submitted by one of our students.
Write a report based on the information given in the diagram.
Band 7.5 report sample
The given diagram illustrates the process of generation of hydroelectricity in a hydroelectric dam and its supply network for final use. As it is clearly evident it is a multi-step process requiring the setting up of humongous infrastructure both upstream and downstream.
Firstly, water is collected in a reservoir behind a dam located upstream.Then, water is released in a controlled manner through a gate called “Intake” situated at the bottom of the reservoir into a ramp-like structure referred as Penstock.
Subsequently, water released into penstock hits the turbine of a generator with great force. Due to this impact , the kinetic energy of water is converted into electricity by a generator located in a powerhouse situated downstream of the river .The electric power is supplied to the end –users through long distance power cables and the remaining water is again released into downstream through a pipe like structure.
- Strategies for Academic Writing Task 1
- Band 8 IELTS report about Australian weather forecasting
- Band 7.5 IELTS report
- Band 7 report about water consumption
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- IELTS Writing: Report 2
- IELTS Sample Report
- IELTS test in Malaysia, Australia and Vietnam
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- Band 9 IELTS report sample